Part of Go Budget’s core purpose is to not only make manual budgeting painless for an individual, but for families and
other joint budget users as well.
With Go Budget+, you can invite others to join your budget(s) and they will stay in sync automatically between you.
Inviting A New Budget Member
Inviting a new budget member is straightforward.
- 1. Sign up for a Go Budget account if you haven’t already - tap the Person icon from the main app screen and
- 2. From the same Profile screen, tap Get Go Budget+ and subscribe to Go Budget+. For more info on why this
the relevant blog post :)
- 3. Once Go Budget+ is enabled (you’ll see ‘Go Budget+’ under your email address in the Profile screen), tap
Budgets from the Profile screen and choose the budget you want to invite someone to.
- 4. Tap Invite New Member, enter the email address they’ve used (or will use) to sign up for their Go Budget
send the invite. NOTE: the other user does NOT need a Go Budget+ subscription - only the budget owner does.
- 5. The other user can then open the app on their device, open the Profile screen, and they should see an
How do joint budgets work?
Shared budgets in Go Budget are very simple.
When you invite another member to your budget, they get full access to the budget and
can do any operations on it except deleting it or changing its name.
Each time any member adds spending, marks a bill paid, or makes any changes, this
action will be synced with all of the other members.
As long as the owner of the budget maintains an active Go Budget+ subscription, all other budget
members will continue to have access and the budget will stay in sync across each member's device.